Postural support for disabled children & adults indoors in the home or day care environment
Custom Moulded Indoor Seating
The P Pod is a custom moulded support within a conventional bean bag base. The P in ‘P’ Pod stands for postural.
This award-winning P Pod Seat enables high levels of postural support for easy use within a home environment where other specialist equipment can be hard to accommodate due to space limitations and access.
A popular product with infants and young adults, the P Pod provides a unique seating experience for those with specialised seating needs. It was developed in response to customers looking for a different seating option within the home environment. Where bean bags had been used before, they were unable to give support that the P Pod can provide.
The activity frame enables toys to be hung on for play therapy. It folds flat for storage. (toys not included).
There are three components to the P Pod; the seat, a bolster support and the beanbag or Pod.
The P in ‘P’ Pod stands for postural. and postural support technology SOS is famous for is an integral part of this design.
The makers of the P Pod, SOS, are well known for their postural support technology.
- Standard or custom made
- Provides simple accommodation of complex seating problems
- Lightweight and easily handled within the home
- Moulded Seat Pod improves effectiveness of the bean bag approach
- Quilted stretch velour covers in a range of colours
- Stylish & comfortable for every day use
- Covers easily removed for cleaning
- Allows for change of position whilst maintaining support
- Range of accessories available
- To assist with the use of larger P Pods, a mobile base unit allows the P Pod to be easily moved around indoors.
- The mobile base is also available with a powered tilt mechanism where changes in positional orientation are considered important to improve general comfort and tolerance.
It comes with cushioned handles, locking front castors and its design makes using mobile hoists simple. It can be custom-coloured so it coordinates with the ‘P’ Pod.